Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cup of OXO

Hi lads

took myself out today the other day

arrived at the shoot to find quite a nice day really temperature good, wind OK, so figure i wont freeze after my recant outing's . started of by repairing the hide as the wind had damaged it from last time it was repaired ,anyhow did something a little different with the decoys instead of putting them in the one field i was over looking went over the wire and placed three in the horse field

quick zero at around a 30 degree angle upwards as i was looking for the gravity effect and found i needed to have some hold under ,more so at around 70 degree's...so now I'm ready
about half an hour went by with nothing, then all of a sudden while taking a sip from my flask of oxo ,i heard the whisper of wings above ,and sure enough about 10 Woody's landed at once right on top of me but there was nothing i could do as i was at the base of the trunk and it was covered in thick ivy ,one of the reasons why i chose that spot, anyhow my hide stakeout was over looking another tree so i just waited silent,still,with a trigger finger at the ready....it took ten Min's before any other Woody's joined the ones above me and landed in my line of site
got my pigeon after fourty odd Min's and down he came not even a wing flap ..hold under was good very good the kill sent them all batting there wings ,waited a while for them to get out of sight then left the hide to retrieve the bird


cup of oxo and a few thoughts later ..(about twenty Min's)..they were back and i had my second pair of breast's.Now getting a square bum and cold from being motionless for quite some time decided to walk round for a warm up and a bunny within minutes i had spotted my bunny but needed to give it a really wide birth due to the wind not in my favour and no back drop at a certain wide gap in the hedge so backed up 80yrds back the way i came on gave him a big arc to come round behind him using all the cover i could i got to within 60yrds and was more or less stuck for cover till i noticed to my right a lull in the field so backed up again turned right so the lull in the field was between me and him then made my advance to within 40yrds then had to keep really low on all fours .Got another ten yards and had a little breather i was shattered
Slowed every thing down and took the shot over he went with a twitch or two




this is my first effort at a five picture panoramic..... back at the hide from within . you can just see the sitty tree through the top piece of the picture


Thanks guys


Mike S410

No comments: