Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Shootmore.....yes it works! Field to fork.

Today was the first day of shooting for me after a 6 week break ( school holidays) and i was wanting to get out and try Steve Price`s "Shootmore".
I arrived at the farm and set off down the fields to where i knew i could find rabbits, out in the morning sun, having a warm. I spotted a adult sat at the edge of the field of rape stubble and as i watched 4 smaller ones hopping around the field, close to the adult. I got under the hedge and waited to see if i spooked them.
After just 5 Min's i decided to move up closer to the rabbits, I was about 60 yards from them, so out came the shootmore. With the wind behind me, blowing my scent towards the waiting rabbits, i sprayed the shootmore onto my trousers and jacket and started to move ever closer to get within a 30 yard range.

30 yards and closing....i managed to get within 20 yards and the rabbits never moved, i lay`ed in the grass and took the shot. Down it went, a clean shot to the head and the other 4 just sat there...not a flinch, so they went down 1-by-1. The 4 smaller rabbit s were left at the farm ( keeping in the farmers good graces) and i brought the big one home.
From field to fork took 2 hours. I didn't paunch the rabbit like i normally do because i was going to show a novice how its done, starting with the skinning...remove first as i find paunching easier to do without fir. This allows me to show how the paunching process is done.



The rabbit was then left to soak in a bucket of cold salted water for 1 hour and then put on the BBQ over a medium heat for 30 Min's and gradually removed the meat from the bone and put it into my pan. The meat was cooked for another 10 Min's with a Mediterranean sauce and was ready to eat.

After trying a small piece of rabbit my son went to fetch a bowl and asked for some more. 3 bowl later he was full and the rest (what little there was) was for me.

Caleb and his Oliver act...."Please dad, could i have some more coz it is so nice" How could i resist.



I did get to eat some and i really enjoyed it. I was very pleased that my son tried the rabbit on its own and with the sauce and he found he really liked the flavour. He wants more now so its off shooting again very soon.


Conclusion....Shootmore really does what it says it does. The proof is in the eating of the rabbit you have shot.
Go visit Steve price and find out for yourself how "SHOOTMORE" can help you shoot more rabbits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Utter rubbish , waste of money , and Steve Price is a Walt .