Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ballistol review by Mike Smith

This is the Review that my No.1 gun has writen about the Ballistol care cloth.

This nearly 100 year old lubricant is hugely popular with me and should catch on fast. It’s Non-toxic and bio-degradable. I found this product to be great on my air arms s410 and gave a shine like nothing I have ever tried before. Ballistol is ideal for cleaning and maintaining every part of my rifle and a whole host of things I have tried. Together with a quite nice smell I think it Cleans and protect's wood, brings out the wood grain and luster and protects it against damage from humidity, dry air and insects. Effectively cleans, rejuvenates and water proofs smooth leathers. Protects against the impact of water, insects, fungi, boots, and holsters etc.

A friend of mine came over asked me if I could do anything with his rifle he had been shooting and it rained as he had forgot to clean his gun down when he got home there where rust spots all over the metal work. After calling him a very stupid boy four or five time was going to rub it down with a little wire wool and treat it in the manner of some bluing agent I bought a while ago for an old 177 I had when I was a youngster. But before I reached for it I thought I would try some Ballistol in a sachet I had not long since opened. By be-Jesus the Ballistol seamed to just absorb the light rust spots what a result I thought. Needless to say my pal was very great full for the once over on his rifle, it really did look great with a brand new shine and no rust spots.

ROAD & TRAIL - Lubricates autos, motorcycles, bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, skis, & sports equipment. Protects all camping gear.

FIREARMS - Cleans & dissolves traces of copper, lead, brass, zinc, & tombac. Lubricates & protects firearms, lock, stock & barrel. Forms a film that protects against rust. Will never gum-up or harden. Ideal for pistol grips, & rifle stocks.
BLACK POWDER - Dissolves black powder residues. Emulsifies with water. Mildly alkaline, neutralizes acids.. Excellent patch lube.
LEATHER - Use on boots, shoes, gloves, holsters, slings, & saddles. Protects leather against water. Keeps leather soft & pliable, will darken lighter colors. Do not use on suede.
KNIVES & TOOLS - Lubricates, cleans, & protects metal, plastic, rubber, & wood. Outstanding penetrating oil, creeps into the finest cracks, loosens nuts & bolts. Also use as a cutting/boring oil (20:1).
MARINE - Use in motor compartments, on joints, links, wire pulls, & around battery terminals. Protects electrical contacts. Beautifies faded gel coats. Lubricates zippers, push buttons, & winches. Great for fishing rods, reels, & tackle. Protects Aluminum, prevents pitting.

I highly recommend this product it has a great many uses and not just on rifles

MIKE S410 …of…DUCKMANTON VERMIN SERVICES

Well done mike and thanks for your time and review.


No comments: