Monday, September 12, 2011

A rifle on loan. Thanks John.

Hi all.
Since i sold up some 6 months ago i have been without a rifle and as i am now back in the " shooting seat" i asked a very good friend of mine if i could borrow one of his spare rifles. He very kindly sent me his Gamo Maxima in .22 and i am looking forward to putting it through its paces on Wednesday.
Having never owned a Gamo rifle i am quite looking forward to testing it out. I have read on some other forums that this rifle ( and much of the gamo range) is not rated as one of the most popular for hunting, but I'm quite impressed with the chrono results so far. I got a almost constant 11.4flb ( over 10 shots) using bisley superfield.

 Spec list:
Rifled steel barrel with a sleek muzzle break.
2 Stage trigger

Shock absorbing scope arrestor block.
Manual Safety.
11.5 ft/lbs
Beechwood stock with ventilated rubber pad and checkering on the grip.





I used 2 target cards with a 30mm hit zone set 30 yards at the top of my garden to zero the scope. Very little recoil, light 2 stage trigger and very nicely balanced. The break barrel is easy to open and requires little effort to cock. Noise is quiet and down range the only sound you here is the pellet hitting home.
I will post a report on Wednesday evening and let you know how it performed in the field.

Richard

No comments: