Saturday, July 26, 2008

What i have been up to.

Not really been out shooting for a few weeks as i am having some time at home with the kids. I did however get to have a little time with Mike and his brother Lee at the mill farm last Sunday






We had a walk round as mike had started to build the first of 4 permanent hides and also to see how the rabbit population was doing.

I also took some pics of the B+B rooms that are now open at the farm (more on them later)





The one thing we found whilst walking out of the yard was a large grass snake. I didn't get a photo of it because mike scared it off before i got a chance, you see, he ain't to fond of snakes and as you can imagine he was more than startled to see a two foot long snake just six inches away from his boot.




This rat made the mistake of trying to eat at my bird table. It was jumping up onto a low level feeding bowl ,full of crushed peanuts and bird seed when I spotted him. He was very bold and didn't seem to flinch one bit as i looked at him sitting there eating my bird food. But he stopped dead in his tracks when I hit him in the head with a bisley super field, that was his last supper.



Surprisingly I haven't seen any more rats coming to the table for some time but i am sure they will be back , and give me some moving target practice.







Oh and not forgetting the rabbit i shot when i went to the farm. I hit this one in the head, just above the eye, at 65 yards. One shot One kill. I was on form and won the respect of the land owner who was almost certain i had missed, but when he stopped moving and i walked towards him he didn't run the farmer soon changed his mind to "dam fine shooting here Richard, well done".

No comments: