Sunday, June 7, 2009

I managed to get out for a few hours on Thursday. It was another hot day and i wanted to go have a look at how the rabbit population was doing at whitwell. There wasn't much about but there was plenty of evidence of activity under the hedges and the edges of the field.





I did manage to bag a few wood pigeons during my stay. They had been eating their way through the rape fields and i was sat beneath their favorite sitty tree, waiting for them to flock in. It wasn't long before the first one hit the floor, closely followed by a second. Fifteen minutes later the third sercum to the wrath of my hw80, hitting the ground from 35 meters up.

I will back out there again on Tuesday, providing the weather gets better, to see if i cant get some rabbit to accompany the pigeon on the BBQ, or i may even do a nice pie.






No comments: