Friday, January 9, 2009

Time on my hands.

Today was another cold day. Nothing was flying about and the rabbits were staying underground, keeping out of the cold wind. So off back home for a warm seemed like the best thing to do. After a hot cuppa i started cleaning and oiling my rifle, as i do quite often. I removed the silencer and stripped it down too, giving everything a good clean out. Then it was on to the garden for a spot of practice. Yes even i practice and in the world of pest control practice makes perfect and you don't need me to tell you that no-one is perfect (not all the time anyway). The rifle needed to be re zeroed so i put some targets on my backstops and had a good practice.

This is my garden range From the position i am shooting from to the furthest backstop is 30 yards, the closest being 28, both with paper targets on.




I rest on a bean bag as this stops most of the wobble from my arm. The padding is great under your elbow and it waterproof, so you can use it in a hide as a cushion.

The shooting position is great and allows you to achieve quite good groups at 30 yards, without any strain on your supporting arm.


Some pictures of my rifle, The infamous HW80K nicknamed the workhorse of the weihrauch springer`s. The scope is a Simmons 4-18x44 pro-hunter Ap and it is crystal clear. For keeping things quiet i have fitted a NP.22 Rim fire silencer. The only thing rabbits hear is the crack as the .22 bisley superfield contacts with their head resulting in instantaneous death.




No comments: